We have had a number of people ask if they could bring their lists into IP. The following information has been supplied to let you know the process involved.
When a request is made to join IP, the following steps are used to process a new potential list
1. A member of the Admin team will evaluate the request to determine:
- Does the list serve health care and more specifically mental health care in some way?
- Is it non-commercial?
2. If the request passes the two above criteria the Admin member will
- Write the requestee and thank them for their interest
- Indicate that they should review the bylaws at: www.dartmouth.edu/~bhstamm/ipbylaws.html
3. The requestee will then supply
- The Admin member with the vitae or bio of the person who will lead the discussion list (the Forum Leader or FL)
- The following information about the list:
- An agreement that they will adhere to the bylaw
4. The Admin member will forward the information to the FLs for their discussion and vote. This process normally takes about a week.
6. If the request is granted by the vote
- Subscribe the new FL to IP-Admin
- Introduce them to the group